Thursday, July 26, 2012

May You Rest In Peace

Laura Henson
February 1, 1946 - July 18, 2012
God looked around His garden and found an empty place.  He them looked down upon the Earth and saw your tired face.  He put His arms around you and lifted you to rest.  God's garden must be beautiful, He always takes the best.  He saw the road was getting rough and the hills were hard to climb, so He closed your weary eyelids and whispered "Peace be thine."  It broke our hearts to lose you, but you didn't go alone.  For part of us went with you, the day God called you home.

Sorry for the poor quality of the picture.  I took the pic with my phone because I didn't have my camera with me, just one of those things you don't think to pack when you're headed out of town for a funeral.

Once we got down state, I was asked to create a poster board to display pictures.  It was my pleasure to be able to do this.  I went through so many pictures of the past and enjoyed a trip down memory lane.  I loved how the project gave me some time to grieve and celebrate one very beautiful lady!!

I started by sponge painting the plain white poster board with my aunts favorite color, purple.  Then I cussed often because my Gazelle was back home up North and I was downstate . . . only a 3.5 hour drive.  :o/

I made a quick trip to a couple of craft stores in the area and then got to work.  I kept it simple so that I wouldn't take away from the pics, but it sure would have been really nice to have my Gazelle (me still cussing).

With some paper flowers, brads, and stickers I put it together for the viewing and the funeral.  I'd like to think that my beloved Aunt Laura would have loved it.

Thanks for looking!!
*´¨)
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.•` ¤ Jamie *´¨)

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...