Monday, June 11, 2012

Completed Kusudama Bridal Bouquets


To create these beautiful Kusudama Bridal bouquets I started out following one of these 2 websites that show you the process in folding each pedal of the flowers:
Then on 05 April 2012 I posted this tutorial on how I attached the stems to the flowers.

On 27 May 2012, I shared how I created a bouquet out of all the stemed Kusudama flowers.

To complete the look of the bridal bouquets, on 10 June 2012 I explained how I decorated the bouquets by adding fuller with tulle and wrapped the stems with ribbon.


This is the Bride's bouquet.  It consists of 50 Kusudama flowers and tulle with added embellishments.  There are 3 different size flowers, assembled from 3", 4", and 4.6" squares.

 

For some additional personalization I made some flowers with "sentiments" that are special to the couple.


The first 3 bouquets are for the Bridesmaids.  They are made up of 25 flowers, assembled from 3", 4", and 4.6" squares.


Here's picture of the stem of one of the Bridesmaid bouquet.


The bouquet on the left is the Junior Bridesmaid bouquet and the one on the right is one of the Bridesmaid bouquets.


The Junior Bridesmaid bouquet is made from 25 flowers all assembled from 3" squares.

This is by far the most extensive crafting project I have done but definitely the most rewarding.  I'll admit there were times when I dreaded having to fold another piece of paper but I am VERY pleased with the results!!

Once my hands have recovered from all the folding, gluing, steming, and wrapping, I have so many ideas for these beautiful flowers!!  First off, I'm definitely going to try my hand at making a Kusudama ball.  :o)

Thanks for looking!!
*´¨)
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.•` ¤ Jamie *´¨)

11 comments:

  1. These look great! That's a lot of work. Could you please tell me what type of paper you used and where you bought it? I am getting married in April and will be starting this process soon!

    Thanks for your help!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used several different types of paper but I definitely found that working with the origami paper was easiest. I bought that at http://www.paperjade.com/
      The other paper was simply computer paper that I bought at Staples in various colors and cut to size, including the plain white ones.

      Delete
  2. This is the first time I visit your blog, your Kusudama bridal, bride and bridemaids bouquets are gorgeous.
    Francine

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am doing this for my wedding in October. I love how you put sentiments in the bride's flowers. How were you able to print on it and get it lined up?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I started in Microsoft Word and start by creating a square so that I would have something to work with. Then using the Word Art I typed out the sentiment I wanted and manipulated it so that it was how I wanted in the square. Then I deleted the square (you don't want the lines printed out because it'll be hard to cut it out with them showing up). Then using a trimmer (like these one: http://www2.fiskars.com/Crafting/Products/Paper-Trimmers-and-Blades) I cut out the size a square around the sentiment, mine were the 4.6" squares. If you have any other questions, please just ask. :o)

      Delete
  4. What tape did you use to wrap the flowers? Also, how did you print the sentiments on the bride's bouquet? It turned out perfect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used white floral tape to start and then used ribbon to give it that finished look.

      I started in Microsoft Word and start by creating a square so that I would have something to work with. Then using the Word Art I typed out the sentiment I wanted and manipulated it so that it was how I wanted in the square. Then I deleted the square (you don't want the lines printed out because it'll be hard to cut it out with them showing up). Then using a trimmer (like these one: http://www2.fiskars.com/Crafting/Products/Paper-Trimmers-and-Blades) I cut out the size a square around the sentiment, mine were the 4.6" squares.

      If you have any other questions or if I need to clarify anything please don't hesitate to ask! :o)

      Delete
  5. Hey! I was wondering what glue you used....I'm using cardstock paper from Michael's to make 100 of these for my wedding next year but I've noticed that after I let the glue dry the flower just comes apart....any tips? I'm using E6000 adhesive and Elmer's ProBond Advanced glue.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used ZIG 2-Way Glue Pen but I'm still confused as to why you are even having those problems. Sometimes I would use paper clips to keep the pedals together for an evening to ensure the glue was completely dry. This does leave some "dents" in the paper but with some manipulation you get get most of it out. I hope that helps some!

      http://www.scrapbookpal.com/zig-2-way-glue-pen-chisel-tip/

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...