Saturday, August 11, 2012

Lions, Tigers, and Wings . . . OH MY!!!


Machine Used: Boss Kut Gazelle
Software: Funtime Scrapbooking III
Materials: Glass mugs, Oracal 631 vinyl, Armour Etch

A just for fun project and because I had 3 left over plain glass mugs I decided to add some of my favorite teams to them. 


The picture above simply shows the vinyl on the glass.  I LOVE the option in the Funtime to "weed" just before cutting your design.  All is simply does is add a rectangle around your design to make it easier to removed the parts of the cut you would like to etch on the glass.


Above you can see all the etching cream that I've added to the glasses.  After I've applied the layer of etching cream thoroughly on the glass, I wait 7.5 minutes.  Once the timer goes off, using my paint brush, I work the etching cream around again to avoid having missed any spots.  I'll also add addition cream if I feel that it needs any.  I set the timer for another 7.5 minutes and usually am not waiting so patiently.  :o)

Once the timer goes off, I remove any excess etching cream and put it back in the bottle for future use.  Then I rinse the rest of the cream off in the sink and removed the vinyl.

Here's a good place to note: I made a bit of a mistake on the Red Wing mug.  I was working on all 3 mugs at the same time.  What I did was rinse a mug then set it in the sink and moved on to the next one.  After I had all of them rinsed once, I would removed the vinyl.  The problem with that was when I rinsed them the first time around, some of the vinyl would raise off of the glass and etching cream would get underneath it.  What I should have done was, rinse a mug, removed the vinyl, and then finish rinsing it off completely.  This would have kept the etching cream from seeping underneath the vinyl.  Leason learned!!


Now all my mugs have been safely stored in the freezer for the next time they may be needed.  I foresee that happening sometime this evening!!  :o)

Thanks for looking!!
*´¨)
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.•` ¤ Jamie *´¨)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...