Thursday, May 23, 2013

Ballerina 2-page Scrapbook Layout


Machine Used: BossKut Gazelle
Software: Funtime Scrapbooking IV
Files Used: Heart Doily by Judy Stark BKD191, Boss Kut Kids by Karen Taglia 0760, Ballet Outfit by Karen Taglia 0761, Princess Hand Mirror by Judy Stark BKD002
Materials: Card stock, pictures, self-adhesive rhinestones/pearls

I'm not usually one that is into scrap booking but have decided it was time to start stepping onto unfamiliar grounds.  A wonderful friend invited me to a crop last month and I took her up on the invite.  I was very much intrigued by all the beautiful scrapbook pages that I saw her creating.  I guess you could say that it struck a fire in me to start.

Although my daughter has been involved in dance classes since she was 18 months old, this year was her first dance recital on stage!  I am one proud Momma!  Using this first of hers, I decided it was time to create a scrapbook page using the beautiful photos of her.

The first page show cases one of my favorite pictures of her and the Boss Kut Kids by Karen Taglia 0760 in the Ballet Outfit by Karen Taglia 0761.

 

I chose to dress this beautiful little ballerina all in pink, just like my daughter's recital outfit was.  I did ink the outfit some for additional detail and dimension.  Although it's hard to see in this picture, I cut the legs in pink and did an identical cut of the legs in vellum.  I felt that this gave the "leggings" a more natural look.
 
The tiara is from the Princess Hand Mirror by Judy Stark BKD002 with a slight modification.
 

The new Heart Doily by Judy Stark BKD191 made a perfect place to put my picture center stage and tie both of the pages together.  I absolutely LOVED the way that this cut out and looks at 11.5" high!!  Beautiful!
 
 
On the second page of my layout I chose a Funtime font and added the outline to it.  I love the way that Funtime makes it so easy to create titles!
 

Please be sure to visit the BossKut Die Cuts page for additional cut files!  Keep checking back for new releases.

Thanks for looking!!
*´¨)
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.•` ¤ Jamie*´¨)
BossKut Design Team Member

For more projects and information, please click links below:
BossKut Gazelle Blog
BossKut Company Blog

1 comment:

  1. Great LO on your scrapbooking. Love the pink and embellishments. I was never able to do it, so wtg for you!

    xo

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...