Thursday, June 27, 2013

Embossing with the Gazelle



Machine Used: BossKut Gazelle
Software: Funtime Scrapbooking IV
Files Used: Swirly Flourish by Judy Stark BKD 201, Swirly Butterfly by Judy Stark BKD 200
Materials: Chip board, card stock

For this project I decided I wanted to see what my Gazelle could do with some chip board!  My goal was to take one of the beautiful BossKut Designs and make an embossing folder that I could pass through my manual die cutter press.

Using one of the chip boards that I've received when ordering family photos, I cut out the Swirly Flourish by Judy Stark BKD 201.  I cut a rectangle around it and then cut an identical sized rectangle.  I used a standard blade, speed 1, and force 5 to cut the chip board.

I applied masking tape to one of the sides, making my 2 rectangles a sandwich.  Then I put the die cuts back into the rectangle that I cut them from and applied glue to the side that would touch the other rectangle.  I folded the 2 rectangles together, making sure that the negative matched up with the die cut.


Since I was having so much fun with the embossing, I had to put my Gazelle to work and emboss some vellum as well.  I used the embossing tool and embossing mat to emboss the vellum.  I chose to use a lower force setting of 2 and multiple passes (4) to get the look I wanted.

For additional decoration to the card, I used the new release Swirly Butterfly by Judy Stark BKD 200.  With a few self adhesive pearls, these adorable butterflies really completed the look of the card.
 

If you're a Gazelle owner and have her registered, be sure to stop by the Boss Kut Forum for additional projects that are shared!

Thanks for looking!!
*´¨)
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.•` ¤ Jamie*´¨)
BossKut Design Team Member

For more projects and information, please click links below:
BossKut Gazelle Blog
BossKut Company Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...