Monday, September 17, 2012

Lattice Card Challenge


Machine Used: Boss Kut Gazelle
Software: Funtime Scrapbooking III
Files Used: Ghost Pumpkin 0498, Haunted House by Olivia Myers 0486
Materials: Cardstock, silver brads, google eyes

Terri set out a challenge in the Gazelle Owner's Forum to create your own lattice card.  As I started this project my daughter wanted to add her creative talent to it as well.  So, she picked out the ghost and pumpkin and the purple cardstock for the card.  Purple is her most favorite color!!  :o)

For my card I chose to use a step card.  After making a lattice of the front of the card, I rounded the corners of the diamond shapes of the lattice.  Then I created a border, and trimmed it up a bit with the editting tools to create the fence look.  I'll honestly admit that it took me some time creating this, with some trial and error BUT as it always works, I learned a lot!!


The Ghost Pumpkin 0498 and the Haunted House by Olivia Myers 0486 are both some fun Halloween files available at Boss Kut Die Cuts.  As my daughter was going through my embellishments, she found the google eyes and we decided that it was a MUST for the pumpkin.
 
For the sentiment "Happy Halloween" I used the true type font Blackadder ITC and the frame around it I used Calligraphic Frames Soft, that I downloaded from dafont.com.  After adding an outline around the frame, I used the print and cut feature for the sentiment.  I secured the sentiment to the card using a couple of silver brads.

If you're a Gazelle owner, be sure to visit the Gazelle Owner's Forum to check out all the other beautiful lattice cards that members are making!!

Thanks for looking!!
*´¨)
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.•` ¤ Jamie*´¨)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...