Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Japan File Folder Keepsake


Machine Used: BossKut Gazelle
Software: Funtime Scrapbooking IV
Files Used: Branch 0988, Fifties Flower 0504, Hibiscus paper piecing 0390,
Materials: File folder, card stock, embellishments, ribbon

In February my dearest hubby and I went to Okinawa, Japan.  We visited with my brother, who is currently stationed there, and his wonderful family.  We had such a great time and came back with so many memories.  We also came back with plenty of souvenirs that now need a good home.

I started out with folding a manila file folder and then inked the edges. 

Then I printed out a world map and used a tea bag to give the map an aged look.  After applying the map to the file folder, I threaded some red embroidery thread to created the dotted line from the United States to Japan.

I attached a piece of ribbon on the back to tie the folder shut.  Then using different designer card stock, I decorated each of the remaining sections.

The flowers were absolutely beautiful in Japan while we were there.  The front of the folder was inspired by the cherry blossoms that were in bloom while we were there.  Using the Fifties Flower 0504 and the branch I decorated the front fold of the file folder. 

Each of the fifties flowers that were cut were a little over a quarter of an inch!  My Gazelle did a beautiful job cutting each of them out.


Using my stylus, I went in circle in the center of the flower to get the flower to fold toward in.  Then I inked each flower to give them a realistic feel.  I just love how my cherry blossom tree turned out that I'm sure to use it again!


Below is a picture of the file folder opened up.  Each pocket is going to hold our receipts, pamphlets, and other goodies from our trip.
 

I chose to use the Hibiscus paper piecing 0390 because it reminded me of one of my favorite pictures that I took.  I cut out 2 of the larger pieces so that I could put in the additional layer.  I inked the center red so that it would like the yellow faded into the red.


Thanks for looking!!
*´¨)
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.•` ¤ Jamie*´¨)
BossKut Design Team Member

For more projects and information, please click links below:
BossKut Gazelle Blog
BossKut Company Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...