Thursday, August 22, 2013

Service Flag Tee Shirt


Machine Used: BossKut Gazelle
Software: Funtime Scrapbooking IV
Materials: Easyweed Heat Transfer Vinyl

My Mom already has a service flag tee shirt that my Dad had bought her in the past.  However, if I'm remembering correctly, it only had 2 stars on it.  Now with 3 immediate family members deployed she needed a new one!  While she was wearing the one my Dad bought her I mentioned that she'd need on with 3 stars on it and the service members names on the back.

From there we talked about options and I told her that I'd get on it!  I ordered all my vinyl from Expressions Vinyl and I absolutely LOVED how easy this vinyl was to work with.

For the design I went to my Funtime Scrapbooking IV (available only with the Gazelle!) and layered 2 rectangles to create the base of the service flag.  Then I added 3 of the stars, making sure to round the corners just a tad (which you can't see in the design) so that they would cut better.


Using a very simple font, I typed out each of the service members rank, name, and branch of service.

When it came to ironing on my designs I needed to be careful because I was adding a design onto the front and back.  I ended up using a cutting board and placed it in the shirt.  Then following the instructions on the Expressions Vinyl website, I ironed on my designs.

A very simple project that speaks volumes!

A personal thank you to all our service men and women out there serving and a great BIG thank you to the families that stay home and support them!!
 
Thanks for looking!!
*´¨)
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.•` ¤ Jamie*´¨)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...