Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Construction Cone Personalized Cups


Machine Used: BossKut Gazelle
Software: Funtime Scrapbooking IV
Materials: Oracal 651 Vinyl (outdoor vinyl)

With my dearest son's 3rd birthday quickly approaching I finally decided it was time to get some things done in preparation for the party.  As I'm sure with most boys his age, Disney Cars is the way to go.  We still watch it on a daily basis and his favorite color is red, just like Lightning McQueen.

While searching for some cute ideas for his birthday I came across these construction cone cups.  They are cute but I noticed that the biggest complaint about them was the paper on the base.  I went ahead an ordered them any in hopes that I would be able to do something about that.

Fortunately the cup can actually come off the base and I was able to peel the paper off easily.  I did some basic measurements on the size of the square and the diameter of the circle.  Then with the help of the Funtime software, I was able to create the same thing and cut it in outdoor vinyl.  It wasn't the easiest thing transferring the vinyl to the base but eventually with a little patience I did the best I could.  Now a more permanent fix and it will make washing the cups A LOT easier without having to worry about wrecking it!
 

I couldn't stop at the base . . . . not since I was on a roll!!  Using the same basic shape of the Cars logo, I added each the of the kiddos names to personalize the cups.

I used the true type font Magneto and welded the letters together in Funtime.

 
A fun little thank you to the kiddos attending and a way to keep from getting the drinks mixed up!
 
More to come on my son's birthday and until then KA-CHOW!!  ;o)
 
Thanks for looking!!
*´¨)
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.•` ¤ Jamie*´¨)

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...