Sunday, July 7, 2013

Vinyl Decorated Mailbox


Machine Used: BossKut Gazelle
Software: Funtime Scrapbooking IV
Files Used:  Swirls 0989, Butterfly Silhouette 0327, Butterfly with Flourishes 0395, Ruffled Butterfly by Judy Stark BKD 105,
Materials: Oracal 651 Vinyl (permanent vinyl)

For this project I thought that it was about time that I added a little more decoration to our mail box.  Keep in mind that we put this mailbox up 8 years ago when we first moved in and it's just sat there . . . black and plain.  Very sad. 

I started with the "G" using the true type font Easy Street EPS.  The problem I had was this font was really thin in some spots.  To "thicken" it up I used the outline option in Special Effects.  I only outlined it by 0.01 because I didn't want to lose the "G" in the outline.

I then lined up the swirls on either side of the "G" and cut the image out as a whole making sure to use the weeding option in the Cutting Control Panel.
 
 
I used transfer tape to maintain the integrity of the design and to place it on both sides of the mailbox.
 
For additional decoration, I added several of the beautiful butterflies in no particular order.
 
 


It was a simple project that allowed me to add a lot of personality to our mailbox.  Make sure to check out the other Boss Kut Dies for inspiration on your next project!

Thanks for looking!!
*´¨)
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.•` ¤ Jamie*´¨)
BossKut Design Team Member

For more projects and information, please click links below:
BossKut Gazelle Blog
BossKut Company Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...