Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Father's Day Card


Machine Used: Boss Kut Gazelle
Software: Funtime Scrapbooking III
Materials: Cardstock, Vellum, Metal FX Creative Covering by Con-Tact, 1/8" thick 3-D dots

Here's a card that I made for my dearest husband from our babies. 

I'm not sure how it started but for fun (no matter what we're drinking) we "cheers" each other.  So, taking this little family tradition I decided to incorporate it into his Father's Day card.


I couldn't find a beer mug or sippy cup cut file that I like SO I decided to make them myself.  The Funtime software that comes with the Gazelle is that easy to use!!  Using the basic shapes, the ability to manipulate those shapes, and the option to weld the shapes together I created simple paper piecing cut files.  I've made these files available to other Gazelle owners at the Boss Kut Forum in file sharing.
I used the metal Con-Tact paper as the base of the beer mug.  I chose a darker color for the beer because my husband prefers a full bodied beer, of course, a yellow would also look good!  For the "frosted" look, I used vellum and the "head" of the beer is simply white cardstock.


With the vellum, I started out by embossing the lines down the glass.  The embossing mat and embossing tool are available through Boss Kut!  For the embossing, I used of force 2 and 2 passes.  I'm thinking that I possibly could have used 3-4 passes to get a "deeper" look.

For the sentiment, "Cheers" I used the print and cut option on my Gazelle.  In Funtime, I typed out the sentiment in the true type font First Grader and added an oval around it.  With the special effects option, I used the scissors to give the oval a jagged edge.  I then added the crop marks and printed out the sentiment.  I cut out the oval and high lighted the edges.  With 1/8" thick 3-D dots I added them behind "Cheers" for some dimension.

A simple card that brings in a little family fun that I'm sure he'll keep forever!!

Thanks for looking!!
*´¨)
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.•` ¤ Jamie *´¨)

2 comments:

  1. This is SOOO fun -- can totally use the beer mug for St. Patrick's Day cards! Thank YOU!!! Would LOVE to have a use for the sippy mug, but my kids aren't cooperating in the grandchild department (yet?)-- LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you like the files Marge! ENJOY!! :o)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...