Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Christmas Kusudama Ball


Materials: 3" Red Origami paper, green ribbon, white tassel, flower stamen

I've been wanting to make one of these for sometime now . . . probably about the time that I made all those bouquets for my sisters wedding.

I finally sat down long enough to make one and was inspired by the Christmas movies I've been watching as well as a Pinterest pin I saw.

When I first started make kusudama flowers, I followed these instructions for creating the pedals and the flower.

To make a kusudama ball ball, I followed the instructions available here.

As with most things that I'm inspired to create, I enjoy changing things up a bit to "make it my own." After the folding the paper square in half, I took ONE corner and used a corner round punch.  This gave the the red the rounded look while letting a little of the back white peek through.

 
I continued the with the steps of putting the flowers together and then the kusudama ball.  I LOVE the way that this turned out.  I'm interested in making some more of these, hopefully taking in each of the upcoming holidays into account.

As always, if you have any questions please ask.  I love being able to help you achieve your creative potential!!  While you could always leave a message here, I check my Facebook Page more often.

Thanks for looking!!
*´¨)
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.•` ¤ Jamie*´¨)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...