Sunday, December 22, 2013

Handmade Ornaments


Materials: Better than salt dough recipe, Christmas ornaments

With one of the snowy days we had recently, the kiddos and I decided we wanted to get creative!  Following this better than salt dough recipe, we got ready to have some fun.

After making the dough and letting it cool off, I cut the images we wanted using the cookie cutters.  The one I made for my furry baby, I used a heart and without much help from her, imprinted her paw into the dough.  We then put all the cut outs into the oven to bake.

Once they were out of the oven and cooled off, we got to painting.  Since the only paint I have in the house is a water based, kid friendly paint, that's what we went with.  I'm thinking that an acryllic paint would most likely work best.

We had A LOT of fun and now have some ornaments to hand out to family!! 

 

 
 
Thanks for looking!!
*´¨)
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.•` ¤ Jamie*´¨)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...