Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Candy Cauldron


Machine Used: Boss Kut Gazelle
Software: Funtime Scrapbooking III
Files Used: Corner End Spider Web Banner by Judy Stark, Happy Halloween Banner by Judy Stark BKD132, Ghost Banner by Judy Stark BKD135
Materials: Black plastic cauldron (I purchased mine at Jo-Ann's), vinyl, ribbon, ¼ " high tack X-Press It double sided tape

Have you ever noticed as a crafter you can't look at something plain without a ton of ideas on how to make it prettier?!  Something I may have passed up before, with my Gazelle I look at everything and see endless possibilities.

After seeing this plain black cauldron I just knew I needed a new candy dish.  Why, I'm not entirely sure because we live in the middle of nowhere down a private drive . . . we never have any trick-or-treaters.  So I sweetly suggested to my husband that we fill the candy dish to the top and whatever we have left over after Halloween we'll just keep.  For some reason he just laughed at me!!  I get that A LOT though.

I started out by cutting the Corner End Spider Web Banner by Judy Stark, Happy Halloween Banner by Judy Stark BKD132, and Ghost Banner by Judy Stark BKD135 in white vinyl (each was sized to 2 ½ inches high).

With the Corner End Spider Web Banner by Judy Stark, I ended up cutting out an extra spider in purple so that I could add some color. 


For the Ghost Banner by Judy Stark BKD135 I cut out the "Boo" in orange and layered it over the white vinyl.

To add the ribbon on the top, I used ¼" high tack X-Press It double sided tape.


I cut out various size circles in purple, orange, and white vinyl to add around the top of the cauldron.  There was no pattern, I just removed each of the circles from the vinyl backing and placed it where ever the mood struck me.

Now I just need to get to the store to purchase the candy to fill this lonely cauldron.  ;o)

Thanks for looking!!
*´¨)
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.•` ¤ Jamie*´¨)
Bosskut Design Team Member

For more projects and information, please click links below:
Bosskut Gazelle Blog
Bosskut Company Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...