Monday, October 1, 2012

String Art Anniversary Card


Machine Used: Boss Kut Gazelle
Software: Funtime Scrapbooking III
Materials: Cardstock, embroidery thread
Challenges: The Outlawz Clean and Simple - Anything Goes

First and foremost, Happy Anniversary my Sweetheart.  I love you with all my heart and am so blessed to be married to my bestfriend, soul mate, and hero!

For this card I ventured into the art of spirelli and string art.  It was something I saw in one of the challenges I enjoy participating in and decided immediatelt that it was something that I wanted to try.  I love the look of it and am always looking at ways to expand my knowledge on ways to add to my paper crafting.

For the spirelli part I used the scalloped eyelet oval frames that Terri provided to participants of a challenge within the BossKut Forum.  Using the print and cut option with my Gazelle, I printed out my sentiment and cut the circle around it.

 

 For the string art, I got the sail boat pattern for free and sized it appropriately to my card.


Another technique self taught and I'm thinking that you may be seeing this used again!

Thanks for looking!!
*´¨)
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.•` ¤ Jamie*´¨)

2 comments:

  1. How beautiful! I love your string art! Gorgeous! I took some time to go through your blog and I love the variety of techniques you utilize! I am your newest follower!
    Hugs,
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Marie! I'm fairly new to a lot of the paper crafting techniques and I'm really enjoying learning/trying new things. :o)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...