Thursday, October 11, 2012

Pumpkin Teapot Card and Tea Bag Gift Box


Machine Used: Boss Kut Gazelle
Software: Funtime Scrapbooking III
Files Used: Pumpkin Teapot by Judy Stark BKD145, Presleys Curls by Judy Stark BKD101
Materials: Cardstock, pearl brads, ribbon
Challenges: The Outlawz Twisted Thursday Challenge - Pumpkin Twist

When the Pumpkin Teapot by Judy Stark BKD145 was released by BossKut I was so excited to be able to use this adorable cut file!!


For the card I started by cutting out the layers and rounding out the edges in Funtime.  I didn't want to take away from the adorable teapot, so I kept it simple. I added some clear stickles to the eyes, nose, and mouth for a little more added dimension.


I added the sentiment "Take time for Tea" to Presleys Curls by Judy Stark BKD101 and used the print and cut feature to print the sentiment out with my printer. Then using stickles, I added some glitter to the curls. With a green ribbon, I threaded it through the top and bottom of the cut file to attach it to the card.

 

The tea bag gift box took a little more time while working with Funtime.  I first had to create the bottom of the box but with the help from the training videos available through BossKut I was easily able to create it.  Then I took the border of the teapot and copied it so that I had 2 (this will create the front and the back of the gift box.  With the welding tool in Funtime, I attached one of the teapots to each side of the bottom of the box I created and welded them all together.  I added some kiss cut lines to where I wanted the gift box to fold and voila!!  My gift box is completed and now all I had to do was decorate it.

After cutting out the teapot and the lid, I added a small piece of yellow paper behind the eyes, nose, and mouth.  Then I added some clear stickles to the eyes, nose, and mouth to give it some more dimension.  The green ribbon at the top holds the gift box together until you're ready for some tea!!

Thanks for looking!!
*´¨)
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.•` ¤ Jamie*´¨)
BossKut Design Team Member

For more projects and information, please click links below:
BossKut Gazelle Blog
BossKut Company Blog

5 comments:

  1. Absolutely fantastic creativity Jamie!!!! I adore that tea bag gift box, you have out done yourself girlie! The card is lovely too. I am not familiar with Bosskut, thanks for the enlightenment and also for joining us over at the Outlawz TT Anything Pumpkin challenge :)S

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Sandra! Everyone over at Outlawz has been so supportive and encouraging! I've been having so much fun participating in the challenges when I can. Thanks for the visit and your comment!!

      Delete
  2. Gosh, what a cutie of a card. Loved the card, and enjoyed reading your 'how-to'. I have a Cricut & a Silhouette, and cut files are still a mystery to me! You are going great guns with your cut files, and this card proves it. Thanks for sharing. Thanks for joining my blog as a follower.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Mary! Also, thank you for the wonderful comment and joining my blog as well, I really appreciate it. :o)

      Delete
  3. Nice gift box. I like this design very much.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...